Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hermosa Beach to Santa Monica

LuJean and I rode from her home to Santa Monica/3rd Street Promanade. It was a great day for bike riding. It started out foggy over the coast the whole way there. What a great ride it was. We went over bridges, saw the boats at Marina Del Ray, sail boat classes going on and kayaks being paddled around. It was quite a nice ride with lots of changing scenes. I recommend it to anyone that likes bike riding and a beautiful ocean view. It took about 2 hours and 15 mins. each way. It was a days event. I will tell you I have a few sore spots from sitting on the bike for almost 5 hours today. I hope to recover soon.
Here we are at the 3rd street promanade.
Famous sign at the beginning of the Pier. It was fun to be there.
LuJean waiting for me while I get a drink of water.
Looking down the pier, LuJean is the bike rider on the right side of the 1st car. Time to head home. We had a nice lunch at Stefano's Pizza. It is really good, lots of varieties of pizza. We also stopped by Pink Berry for dessert.

No comments: